After a long hiatus, I’m happy to say I’m back, Deeply Rooted Tribe! Together we’re going to accomplish great things, so let’s get started, shall we? There’s an old saying from my childhood, maybe some of you remember it.
Manifestation is the act of bringing our dreams from the mental world into reality. There’s a really important keyword to consider in the first sentence. ACT. Think ACTION and MANIFESTATION go hand-in-hand with each other. Manifestation is a careful balance between our workings in the spiritual / mental worlds and the physical steps we take in the earthly realm. True Magick happens when we get off our rears and take chances, and that’s when things get interesting. Not only do we shift our focus, change our mindsets, we step out of our comfort zone. We’re no longer holding ourselves back and we’re heading into new territory. Once we take these brave first few steps together, we discover our true potential.
So how do you get started manifesting your desires? Well, there’s some things to consider before getting rolling. Let’s go through them!
- Recognize your need – Take a deep breath, and think for a moment about what you want to carry out during your time on earth. Do you want to be a writer? Do you want to be an artist, poet, mechanic? What drives you? Do you want to be financially stable? The biggest hurdle to overcome in manifestation work is identifying what you really need over what you want – however that’s not a limit that should suppress an individual. Quite to the contrary, filtering out what’s important to us over superfluous whims empowers us to stay focused and get things done. Building those healthy boundaries for the self can open up unimaginable avenues of capabilities and strengths that we never thought possible for ourselves.
- Start with a dream – Sometimes we have to think out of the box to solve life’s problems. A great way to get the creative juices flowing is to read, meditate, or take a walk in nature. Maybe listen to a few mantras. Allow yourself to detach from the anxiety caused by daily life and immerse yourself in what’s real.
- Detach and Relax – In order to see our obstacles objectively and dream big, we sometimes have to detach our emotions and step out side of ourselves for a moment. Detachment allows us to take a walk around ourselves, going full circle around the obstacles and challenges of every day life. Detachment requires us to take a deep breath, get some much needed self-care, and slow down for just a moment to actualize our goals. Anxiety and stress can be the biggest killers of ambition and so it’s important to refill our goblet of energy, take a big sip of self-confidence, and savor the moment. Go ahead, drink yourself in and realize that you are capable of doing whatever you put your mind and body!
- Goal Setting – A goal doesn’t have to be an idea that descends from Olympian heights. The best goals we set are simple, small, and easily imagined. I once had a boss who repeated the phrase, “Clearly defined, attainable goals” as his mantra. In my youth, I rolled my eyes and kept my mind trained on lofty standards for myself and my legacy. As I got older and the reality of motherhood and clergy set in, I began to realize that accomplishing a few small things a day had a bigger impact on my life than setting my aim too far over my head. We only have so much energy in a day and only so many resources to achieve our ambitions.
- Work a little Magick – It doesn’t hurt to get your projects started by introducing a little ritual into the mixture. In fact, rituals and spells can springboard our ambitions and help us reach levels we never thought viable. What’s important to know here is that some folks get really caught up in the spell work and forget the most important part of the equation – action. As long as you know there’s a balance between the world of Magick and the world of physical work, then you’re far ahead of most in the game.
- A Hard Day’s Work – Nothing happens because we simply sit around and wish it to happen. Sometimes the universe throws us a bone, yet more often than not it’s our efforts that birth the wildest of dreams into existence. We may doubt ourselves or let other people try to define our worth – however when we sit back and look at our deeds, we can begin to tune out the naysayers. We can’t believe it if we can’t see it and we sure can’t hope for it, if we never thrust ourselves forward to prove our mettle. Sure, you’re going to sweat, ache, and possibly push yourself – and now you have solid proof that you have purpose and value in the Universe. Be proud of that and use it as fuel for the next adventure!
Whether you’re casting prosperity work on a Full Moon or asking the God Lugh for guidance on a new crafting venture – Manifestation is attainable. The biggest part of the equation is staring you right in the mirror. As Pagans, we have the incredible force of our will standing with us at all times. It does not require fancy Magickal tools or any deity interaction – all that it does require is acknowledgement from our own psyche. So consider unleashing your will and see what ingenious things you’re capable of creating and you may find a new form of Magick you never knew you had before!
Thanks for reading, Tribe! As always, I crave feedback, constructive criticism, and intelligent debate. Please comment here or start a discussion on Face Book! I look forward to hearing from you! Blessed Be! – Shining Quill the Unicorn