Having attained my first degree in Reiki, I have been doing Reiki self-care on myself in a daily manner. I have also been making more decisions regarding my lifestyle that align me to my cosmic awareness and my physical life’s goals. Much of it centers around my physical health which impacts my mental and spiritual health on a level I was not previously conscious of before studying, with a new depth, Reiki and Hinduism. I have not abandoned general Paganism (Norse) or Voudou, however, I am taking the time to get my spirit aligned with my mind and body so I can more purely embrace these spiritual connections. Here are the lifestyle changes I have decided to make and have made an Oath to the Gods (and myself) to change for life. There is no going back for me unless there is a real medical reason for me to indulge in any of these items.
Things I have given up for spiritual purposes:
- I have given up meat.
- I have given up alcohol consumption.
- I have given up caffeine.
- I have given up added salt.
- I have given up artificial sweeteners of any kind. Stevia and honey are the only thing I add to my drinks, and that is rare.
- I have given up bread and pasta. I occasionally eat a rye cracker or naan.
- I have given up abusive relationships such as ones that are not reciprocal, cruel to my character and honor and also ones that scream codependency. It’s one of the most critical struggles that have driven so many of my life decisions.
- I have given up the anger I’ve had at others, including my mother and father. I have begun physically apologizing to the people I felt wronged me and also the ones that I have wronged. More importantly, I have forgiven myself.
- I have given up cruelty-sourced milk, butter and cheese. That means nothing with rennet in it.
- I have given up salad dressings (with the exception of pure vinegar and olive oil.)
- I have given up eggs. I will be packing my own food from now on when I travel outside.
- I have given up white potatoes. I will occasionally have red potatoes although I seem to do best when consuming sweet potatoes.
Every day, I do the following:
- I recite the five Reiki principles or promises:
- Just for today, I will not worry.
- Just for today, I will not anger.
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
- Just for today, I will be thankful for my many blessings.
- Just for today, I will be kind to my family, friends and neighbors.
- First degree Reiki self-care.
- Listen to Ma Nithya Swarupapriyananda or
Nithyananda. I would listen to more of their videos, however, it is difficult while watching children to concentrate so far.
- Devotions and offerings to Kali, Ganesha, Shiva, Poseidon (Enki), Thoth and the other Gods and Goddesses who help me along my path. At this point, there’s too many to list. I also perform Reiki on the Gods, sending to Them the pure light energy of Sadashiva – the highest aspect or God’s God.
- Read! A wonderful work out for the mind.
- I make sure to drink many cups of Yogi Detox tea and fresh water to flush out my body.
- I imbibe Apple Cider Vinegar.
- I research Hinduism further, studying the Agama currently.
- Meditate on an idea I want to manifest into being.
- Play with my children directly, instead of hiding from them or only interacting to feed, clean up after them or other custodial tasks. I played with them before, however, not for as long a stretch as I do now.
- Take my supplements.
- Day dream 🙂
- Listen or recite mantras.
- Write down my dreams, ideas for stories or spiritual writings.
- Sleep! Sleep is much more restful and dreams are much more vibrant.